1.Measure the Square Footage
Measure the total square footage of the area where the drywall will be installed. When drywall is going to be installed in walls, multiply the width times the height of each wall or ceiling where drywall will be installed. Prepare a spreadsheet identifying all walls or ceiling sections and add all the quantities.
2. Estimate Drywall Boards
Calculate how many drywall boards you will need. After all areas have been totaled, divide those areas by 32, if a 4 by 8 board will be used, or 48 if a 4 by 12 , depending on the size of drywall that is going to be installed. This division will get you the numbers of boards required to be installed. If you want to get the cost, just multiply the total amount of boards required by the price of each drywall sheet. Remember to add local taxes and delivery charges.
3. Metal Stud Framing
* Roughly $1.50 – $2.50 per sq ft LABOR only, varies do to workforce wages
* MATERIALS range from $0.40 – $0.50 per sq ft depending on geographic location, quantity ordered, fluctuating steel costs, and fasteners.
* $2.50 – $3.00 per square foot LABOR and MATERIALS.
* 40% – 50% Profit Margin, Before Taxes and Overhead.
* Calculations reflect 3 5/8″ Steel Studs, 20 Gauge, &
16″ Spacing for Common Non Bearing Walls.
* Example : Commercial Fit-Out : Interior Walls – 200′ Lineal Feet – 10′ foot High
* Materials : 50 Track Runners – 180 Studs – 220 Track Fasteners – 800 Screws
* Labor : 4 Man Experienced Crew – 10 Hours Construction and Clean Up
* 1 Foreman – $40 Hr Rate – Project Planning, Lay-Out, Set Elevations, & Details
* 1 Mechanic – $25 Hr Rate – Track-Out, Level & Plum Walls, & Rough Openings
* 2 Helpers – $15 Hr Rate – Stud-Out, Cut Materials, Square Studs & Screw-Off
* Contract : 2,000 Square Feet Commercial Framing @ $2.50 per sq ft = $5,000
* Labor : $40 + $25 + $15 + $15 = $95 Dollars x 10 Hours = $950
* Materials : Track = $200 + Studs = $600 + Fasteners & Screws = $150= $950
* Total Earnings = $5000 – Total Costs = $1,900 = $3,100 Gross
* 62% Profit Margin – Excluding Taxes, Insurance, & Overhead
* $3,100 Gross Earning – 28% Income Tax = $868 = $2,232 Net
2 thoughts on “Metal stud Framing and Drywall Bids, Los Angeles CA.”
Thanks for sharing this valuable information it was very helpful I just got my c9 license and I don’t wanna under bid jobs.😎👍
Thanks Danny very informative and helpful.